Processions of Youm-e-Ali Carried Out Peacefully

Amid weak compliance with coronavirus standard operating procedures (SOPs), religious fervor, and rigorous security, thousands of people came out onto the streets to take part in the mourning processions carried out on Tuesday. These rallies went on to mark the martyrdom of Hazrat Ali (RA).

Children, women, and other people who were not wearing facemasks were not allowed to participate in the processions. It traversed from its usual route from Nishtar Park, winding on to MA Jinnah Road. To ensure the security of the people participating, containers had been placed on both sides of MA Jinnah Road. 

The procession was carried out peacefully at the well-known Husainian Iranian Imambargah, located in the area of Kharadar. No untoward incident was reported during or after the rallies. 

Earlier in the day, a mourning ceremony had also been carried out at Nishtar Park. At 7am, Allama Shahenshah Hussain Naqvi, addressed the gathering and talked about the incident that led to the martyrdom of Hazrat Ali (RA). He also discussed the virtues possessed by him. 

Once the majlis had ended, the procession came about, led by the BuTurab Scouts. It went through all of its traditional routes, which included Sea Breeze Plaza, Numaish Chowrangi, Regal Chowk, Saddar, Tibet Center, as well as Radio Pakistan, before emerging in its final location, the Imambargah Hussainiya Iranian in Kharadar. 

The occasion called for strict security arrangements. Heavy contingents of Rangers, as well as the police were deployed to provide protection to the central procession. All shops and markets lying in the way of the rallies were shut down, whereas the streets were sealed with containers. A handful of snipers had also been assigned to watch over the procession from the rooftops and neutralize any threat, if need be. 

Moreover, the bomb disposal squad had been assigned to sweep all the areas that were a part of the route that the procession was to take. The majlis ground had also been swept to ensure that the mourners were safe. People were permitted to enter the ground only after walking through metal detector gates.